Monday, October 4, 2010

Ayla 4 1/2 months

My sleeping pumpkin!

Her first adventure without her car seat in publix, it went very well.






Napping with mommy on Saturday

















She literally fell asleep on her activity mat- mid playing






This is what happens when daddy sneezes... We had to get a picture of her crying since it happens so rarely.








We were shopping, and she was like "hey mom, I'm hungry, I can do it by myself though"











Well, let's see...Ayla had a great week.










All the people at daycare keep telling us that she's about to crawl. I'm not sure about that, never seen what a baby looks like right before they start crawling. One thing is for sure, she didn't beat my record for crawling. I crawled at 4 1/2 months which was this past Saturday. However, she is rolling everywhere, forwards, backwards..you name it... I do keep putting toys just out of her reach and she gets frustrated and tries to find a way to get them.










In publix sunday night a man mistook her for a boy, she does NOT look like a boy! And a woman in Walmart told me she looked heavy...well her baby is just tiny for 7 months old.










We also keep hearing how long she is from people. I guess she is tall, we just see her everyday so to us she's just little Ayla. I never compare her size to other babies, I mean adults are all different sizes aren't they??? Yes, my baby is 4 1/2 months and wearing 6 & 9 month clothes but I think that's standard for most babies.










What I do compare is developmental stuff. I want to make sure she is developing like she should and to me it appears that she is.




















For now these are the things she does easily:




















Rolls over in ALL directions (she NEVER stays in the same place you put her)










Has excellent head control










Babbles in vowels, we are now working on consonants










She laughs, giggles and squeals in delight










Blows "raspberries" (and spit)










Sits up for a very short time before she topples over










Turns in circles on her belly and does the "superman" on her belly










Reaches for the dogs (the dogs are very interesting to her lately)










Clearly recognizes her home when we come back after being gone for a weekend (or just coming home from daycare), she smiles and kicks her legs widly when we are coming up to the stairs to the house and she hears the dogs










Shows excitment when she sees herself in the mirror (they have been working on this in daycare)










Shows excitment when her 3 favorite books are read to her everynight (Moo, Ba, La La La, Goodnight Moon and I love you stinky face)










Loves bath time and splashes her legs everywhere, sending water all over the wood (laminate) floors (not good) I think this is intentional....










She also loves to grab our faces and gives us kisses on our cheeks (granted they are open mouth, slobbery kisses but I LOVE them)










When we take her picture every morning she immediately smiles when the phone points at her, it's like she knows......




















She seems to be so happy and only cries now for major things like when daddy sneezes or she hits her head on the floor in one of her rolling escapades or when she's HUNGRY. The whole world knows when Ayla is hungry. She is also going thru a "I hate my car seat" phase. I know it's not as cool as the bigger ones, but we are waiting for a bigger seat until Thanksgiving per the pediatrician. So until then she will just have to suck it up.










She's still having 5 bottles a day plus 2 solid food feedings. She is a pro at the whole eating thing and does favor fruits to veggies but will eat just about anything we give her.




















No comments:

Post a Comment